Listen to This Episode
Introducing Rank Up, my new podcast that will teach you how to become a world-class martial arts instructor, which leads to growing a thriving martial arts school. This podcast is for instructors looking to rank up; both as teachers and business owners. We go in-depth on running classes, managing your team, marketing, teaching with purpose, and secrets that other instructors either don’t know about, or are too lazy to take action on.
About this Episode
In this episode, Michael Hodge (the founder of the GMAU and lead contributor of the Certified Martial Arts Teacher course), takes you through how and why you should organize your curriculum. What you’ll learn:
- Why you need a curriculum.
- Linear curriculum – the pros and the cons.
- Rotating curriculum – what it is, how to create one, and the big benefits.
- Use upgrade programs to teach your advanced material.
- Why making curriculum changes on a whim is a very bad idea.
- The importance of having all of your instructors on the same page.
- Why you should have a video curriculum, and how it greatly benefits you, your students, your instructors, and your entire school.
- A question from a listener about changing a traditional curriculum. Should you adapt or be more conservative with your curriculum?